This page lists items which improve your movement, or make it possible to go places you normally couldn't.
Buy for 20000 Gold from General stores. Allows you to climb crags. You also need them to climb down again.
- HAH! I got mine for 900! Zellthemedic 02:21, 1 March 2006 (GMT)
I'm sketchy on exactly how this works, but it appears to allow you to move into a square where someone else is on a boat, where otherwise you couldn't. This could be useful if, say, you were covetous of their sparkly headgear.
On your own boat, adjacent to a square containing another captain, your usual movement arrow in their direction vanishes; disembarking (leaving yourself bobbing on the waves) and equipping the hook then restores it, allowing you to board their vessel.
As a weapon: 2 damage, +0% accuracy.
Equippable, and looks extremely pretty. You can take some friends (max. 4) along for a ride too! Owner has to take shoes off first, but passengers don't. They get on and off by clicking on "Magic Carpet". Carpet seems to have a movement modifier of +2 (i.e., it costs more to move than with bare feet). Movement for passengers is free on some terrain. Owner invisibility affects the whole carpet.
- Cannot travel over ocean terrain. Gonzometro 20:23, 16 December 2006 (GMT)
Lets you fly over crags (costs 5AP to move through them). Lets you move over freshwater too. You can't fly over oceans. No advantage in cloud land.
Can be worn but has a break high rate. Found from random monster drops.
Flap-Flap! Your Daedalus Wings has worn out. You take off a Daedalus Wings. You lose a Daedalus Wings.
I got my wings clipped...and I'm now stuck on the crags :
The Sparrow lets you pass. Flap-Flap! Your wings are clipped. You take off a Daedalus Wings. You lose a Daedalus Wings. You gain 4 Sheets of Paper. You gain 5 Pieces of Wood.
It decreases movement cost by 1 and provides a tiny bit of warmth and give 3 fashion pts in Punk --Gaccm 01:03, 18 September 2006 (BST)
Reduces movement cost by 2. Gives you the Clobber fashion statement. And helps make sure you remember the past. Oh, they go on your feet, shoes or trainers. Not both.
More of an anti-movement item: adds 12 to movement costs, and prevents you from being summoned.
Reduces movement cost by 2. Adds Fashion: Clobber.
Pair of Magic Boots
Cheaper movement: reduces AP cost of movement by 2 (with a minimum of 1AP to move). Sells for 200 Gold to Wizards. Equippable.
- Note that Magic Boots don't work if you're on transport (aka, Pwny or Horsie). Azuaron 21:21, 2 February 2008 (GMT)
Has no apparent effect on movement cost. Adds fashion: Goth.
Pair of Snowshoes
Reduces movement cost by 4AP. Works on north terrains, such as snow, icy lakes, etc. Also raises your temperature by one level. Equippable, and does not count as "footwear," so you can wear boots, too. Can be purchased at the store in Bognor.
- "Reduces"? Every time I've worn snowshoes on snow, tundra, etc. they've always raised the movement cost by 3. That's why I now wear a Jumper. --Naimoigiant 21:11, 14 February 2008 (GMT)
- Snowshoes increase the movement cost on non-snow terrain if you're wearing them. Also, you can wear more than 1 snowshoe at a time.
Pair of Wellys
A Pair of Wellys reduces the movement cost of moving through mud and sewage. You will definitely want a pair to enter the North-East Tunnels. However, unlike other footwear, you do not wear the wellys. You only need a pair in your inventory for it to be effective. Joe Bananas at the Festival sells them at 2000gp a pair.
- Adds 1 to movement costs in water vs. swimming.
Reduces movement cost by at least 5AP (Snow goes from 6AP to 1AP). Works on north terrains, such as snow, icy lakes, etc. You will need to wear two of them. Counts as footwear, so they can't be worn with shoes. Can be purchased from the store in Bognor.
Buy from Cmdr. Jameson Spares (at the Space Station) for 250000 GP. Board it to zoom in the selected direction until you hit something, at -10 movement modifier(doesn't stack with your own bonuses like boats). Also 4 base damage. Runs out of power, but apparently does not use Power Crystals as they cannot refuel it.
- Note that while unequipped, it can hit for 20, but while on board you can't even attack monsters with another selected weapon. JohnnyRogers 20:34, 5 August 2006 (BST)
- Q: What happens when you use it in an area that wraps around, and there are no monsters? - Isambard 21:36, 5 August 2006 (BST)
- A: It only moves you 25 squares at a time. JohnnyRogers 06:15, 13 October 2006 (BST)
Should now be repairable.
Can be equipped in the same fashion as a boat, airship, etc.
(No shoes on board). When equipped, gives you a tank gun which has a base damage of 500, and fires shells. This may have a movement modifier as well but I haven't yet driven around to test much for fear of it breaking. Found on a Jason, along with shells.
- I have driven my Tank since Christmas, and I havent broken it yet. I only get out for shoes at Parties Spacer one 17:54, 20 January 2007 (GMT)
- I havent been across all terrains yet, but all interior terrains cost 1 AP (Mountains, Crags, Lakes, Swamps, etc)
Can Wear out...you get the message: Busted!
You take off a Tank.
You lose a Tank Gun (out of ammo).
You lose a Tank.
You gain 245 Bits of Bronze.
Now using Fists.
Ive been driving it steadily, since Xmas and it just broke Spacer one 02:04, 12 February 2007 (GMT)
- Due to an unfortunate occult mishap during the ritual used by the Great Lords to open the North, walking sticks now only reduce movement cost by 1.
Funny little thing here, they work the same way equipable items use to work (you hold them to use them, so if you wanted to use a Pair of Magic Boots, you had to select them form the list every time), you can use them with ships. With your movement reduce from the Creature Survey quest, and well selecting the Walking Stick, it costs 10 AP per square for a Survey Vessel, rather then 11 AP. - Cameron
Well, due to the update, not anymore. - Cameron
- Note that if you only wear one, you cannot fly, and movement costs are increased significantly.
- Cost is increased by 5AP when only wearing one boot smudgepuss 16:13, 17 September 2006 (BST)
- When you say fly, what do you mean? Can you fly over crags?
- IIRC, Daedelus Wings will let you fly over crags, but Winged Boots will not. Daedelus Wings have no movement modifier, but Winged Boots do, so wearing both would let you fly over crags for less AP. Climbing Gear will also get you over crags, and is often inexpensive at the markets. -- Sertularian 05:43, 12 May 2006 (BST)